History of the regt
25 August 2015 - update in UNIFORMS section of the site. The Western Uniforms of Peter the Great's Army. First time for non-Russian readers - overview of visual and text sources on Russian GNW uniforms together with further reading list with links.
- 17-19 May 2013 - "Marma". Field exercise (wargame) in Finland.
- 29-30 June 2013 - Petrozavodsk, sailing on Onego Lake.
- 6-7 July 2013 - Gdansk. The first GNW event in Poland, sailing ships and privateers action on Baltic Sea ca 1710s.
- 9-10 August 2013 - Narva, Estonia. Annual event about siege of 1704.
- 21-22 (?) September 2013 - "Garrison of Kexholm". Priozersk, Russia. Annual event about siege of 1710.
- 16-18 (?) November 2013 - Narva, Estonia. Annual event about battle of 1700.
- 16-17 March 2013 - Tolvuya, Karelia, Russia. Photos on the forum.
- 16-18 November 2012 - Narva, Estonia. Annual event about battle of 1700. Photos on the forum.
- 22-23 September 2012 - "Garrison of Kexholm". Priozersk, Russia. Annual event about siege of 1710.
- 18-19 August 2012 - Povenetz, Karelia, Russia. Tsar Peter's famous 1702 trip from White Sea to Ladoga Lake. Photos on forum.
- 10-12 August 2012 - Narva, Estonia. Annual event about siege of 1704. Photos on the forum.
- 7-8 July 2012 - Gadebusch, Germany. 300 anniversary of Swedish victory over Danes in 1712. Photos on our forum.
- 25-27 May 2012 - "Marma". Field exercise in Sagadi, Estonia. Photos on our forum.
- 25-27 May 2012 - "Cherkassky gorodok", Rostov region. Taking of Azov in 1696. Photos on our forum.
- 19-20 November 2011 - Narva, Estonia. Photos and videos оn our forum.
- 24-25 September 2011 - "Garrison of Kexholm". Priozersk, Russia. Photos on our forum.
- 12-14 August 2011 - Narva. Photos on forum.
- 9 July 2011 - Peter-and-Paul Fortress. St.Petersburg, Russia. Photos on our forum.
- 6-8 May 2011 - Marma, Sweden. Tactical wargame in woodland. Photos and videos on forum.
- 5-6 March 2011 - Olonets. Photos on forum.
- 20-21 November 2010 - 310 anniversary of Battle of Narva, Estonia. Photos on forum.
- 17-19 September 2010 - 300 anniversary of taking fortress Kexholm, Russia. Photos on forum.
- 13-15 August 2010 - Narva. Photos on forum.
- 9-11 July 2010 - 300 anniversary of taking fortress Riga, Latvia. Photos and videos on forum.
- 7-8 July 2010 - Sailing on Onega Lake. Photos in our forum.
- 2-4 July 2010 - 300 anniversary of taking fortress Arensburg on island Saaremaa, Estonia.
- 12-14 June 2010 - 300 anniversary of taking fortress Vyborg, Russia. Photos on forum.
- 13-14 February 2010 - reenactment of ski raid on Sortavala by Russian troops in 1705 across Ladoga Lake. Photos in the blog.
- 20-22 November 2009 - "Narva 1700". Narva and Rakvere, Estonia. Photos in the blog.
- 7 November 2009 - rendezvous of Russian GNW groups and "streltsy". Istra, Moscow Region, Russia..
- 26-27 September 2009 - "Garrison of Kexholm". Priozersk, Russia. Photos in our forum
- 7-9 August 2009 - "Narva 1704". Narva, Estonia. Photos in our weblog.
- 10-11 July 2009 - 300 anniversary of Poltava. Festivities in St.Petersburg. See report in Gallery: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.
- 12-14 June 2009 - sailing on historical vessel on Onega Lake to Кizhi. Petrozavodsk, Russia. Photos.
- 25-26 April 2009 - rendezvous of Russian GNW groups and "streltsy". Istra, Moscow Region, Russia. Photos in our web-log.
- 18 Apr 2009 - presentation of our group in Vyborg castle and in Priyutino.
- 13 Febr - 14 Apr 2009 - exhibition "Lesnaja - 300" with our participation in the Artillery Museum.
- 8-9 January 2009 - historical trekking, our first experience. Photos in our blog.
- 21 December 2008 - presentation of our group in Derzhavin's mansion
- 21-22 November 2008 - Reenactment of the 1700 Narva battle. Narva and Rakvere, Estonia. In the blog.
- 8-9 November 2008 - visit to Bryansk, Mglin & Starodub - significant places of the 1708 campaign. In the blog.
- 4-5 October 2008 - "Garrison of Kexholm",
closing the season. Russia. In the blog.
- 25 September 2008 - exhibition "300th anniversary of Lesnaya" opens in St. Petersburg.
08-10 August 2008 - Narva, Estonia. The 5th traditional
festival. In our blog.
- 11-13 July 2008 - Oudenarde, Belgium. 300 anniversary of battle
of Spanish Succession war. In our blog.
- 28-29 June 2008 - visit to Petrozavodsk, Russia. Day of the city. Photos.
- 30 May - 01 June 2008 - Poltava, Ukraine. Probation visit to the field before
the 300 anniversary in 2009. In our blog.
- 29-30 September 2007 - "Garrison of Kexholm",
closing the season. Russia. Photos.
14-15 September 2007 - festival in Riga, Latvia, on island Dole.
Details at www.daugavasmuzejs.lv
10-12 August 2007 - the IV GNW
festival in Narva, Estonia. Photos.
29 June - 01 July 2007 - 18th C. societies' summit in Lovisa,
26-27 May 2007 - Big opening of the season: visit to
fortress Oreshek and the Day of the City St.
13 May 2007 - drill session before the season starts.
12 May 2007 - shooting a documentary film in fortress Korela (Kexholm)
for TV Channel Kultura. Video.
- 23-24 September 2006 - visit to fortress Kexholm (nowadays town
Priozersk, Russia). Photos.
19 August, 2006 - performance at the multi-period event
"The Day of Guards" in St. Petersburg.
11-13 August, 2006 - the third GNW festival in Narva. Photos.
10-12 June, 2006 - camping and manuevres (skirmish) in woods near
22 May 2006 - filming in an authentic early 18th C. palace of
Prince Menshikov. Photos.
20 - 21 May 2006 - multi-period festival "The Seven Epochs" in
28 March 2006 - considerable update in Uniforms.
19 Fenruary 2006 - same film, winter scenes of hardships of
Great Northern war. Photos.
- 15 - 16 October 2005 - weekend in fortress Korela (Kexholm).
11 September 2005 - took part in filming of a historical film about Tsar Peter
the Great, production by National Geographic. Photos.
12 - 14 August 2005 - 2nd Festival in Narva. See photographs.
22 - 24 July 2005 - "1700-s Week" in Norrtelje, Sweden.
First ever joint event of Russian and Swedish reenactors.
Photographs and the report are posted
27 May 2005 - Birthday of St.Petersburg, fascinating day
onboard frigate "Shtandart".
15 May 2005 - First event in this year: Great Northern War living history event featuring units from all over Russia
at fortress Oreshek Photos
and the report.
- 30 October 2004 Visit to
fortress Oreshek (Swedish name - Noteburg); it was taken in
October 1702. See our
28 August 2004 Visit to
Ivangorod, old fortress that was taken in 1704 shortly after
13-15 August 2004 Great
Northern War Historical Festival took place in Narva. Living
history camp in the yard of Narva castle and battle re-enactment
beneath fortress walls! See the
report and lots of photos in 5 parts.
05 July 2004 - site updated: patterns of
coat, waistcoat, trousers and cloak in Uniforms.
"Rules for the Battle"
- original document from 1709 translated into English in
22 May 2004 - trip to
Kronstadt at the day of tercentaniary of its' foundation. Visited
historical sites, met other GNW re-enactors. See